Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dance School Fall Fesival

After I took the apron and bonnet (see last post) to Sara, she embellished it with artificial flowers and leaves. Here is what it looks like now.
Rose was definitely the best dressed Munchkin!

There were five different groups dancing to different 'Halloween-y' songs: Monster Mash; Ding, Dong, The Witch Is Dead; Purple People Eater; The Munsters theme song, and I don't know what the fifth one was, because Lexi and I didn't stay until the end. The Purple People Eater group was the really young ones.





Alyssa called me while I was at Big Lots and asked me to pick up Lexi at a birthday party for her cousin, because Alyssa wasn't going to be able to get there from Metropolis on time. Afterward, I dropped Lexi back at her grandparents' house - it's almost on my way home.

Tomorrow is the children's birthday party for Rose at the YMCA pool. I asked Sara today if it would bother either her or Rose if I skip that and just attend the cake and ice cream, family party at their house on her actual birthday. She said that's fine. I bought Rose's gift on Wednesday when I was in Paducah. I like to give kids books, since there are plenty of others who give them toys and clothes. Not knowing what books she has, I went to the Amazon website and searched for new children's books. The first one that popped up was Everything On It by Shel Silverstein. Perfect! I still need to wrap it and select a card from my supply, but I have plenty of time - her birthday is Wednesday.

No comments: