Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Rugs

Christmas Day, I hemmed the rugs that I wove at the walk through Bethlehem earlier this month. There are six altogether. Three are good enough for human use, but the other three will go to the animal shelter.
 Yesterday I started tying a new warp onto the ends of the old one; that way I don't have to go through the whole threading process. Here's the way it looked at one point today. I've been knitting, as well, so this process is going slowly.
After I weave these six rugs, I plan to tie on a narrower warp and weave some placemats - some with plastic bags as filler and others with the same cotton thread as I'm using for warp. My intention is to spend at east half as much time weaving as I do knitting. Does that sound like a good New Years resolution? Maybe I can use up a lot of this stuff I've accumulated over the past I don't know how many years.

I think my mouth is healing satisfactorily. The swelling is almost gone, and I'm eating the things I normally eat. I just need to continue with the antibiotic and the rinsing, and go back to Dr Heine next Tuesday.

No comments: