Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm still OK

I had an appointment with my oncologist yesterday. It was supposed to be three weeks ago, but I had to change it because of things that were happening at that time. All of the lab results are within normal ranges, and the 'bone survey' that I had done in September showed nothing bad. I had figured that was the case, since I had not heard from his office. My blood pressure was 114/70, so I guess the one Atenolol a day is doing the job. I go back to him in April. I guess it will be every three months as long as I stay in remission.

Wednesday afternoon, I got a 'robo' call from our county judge executive about a Red Cross blood drive yesterday in Bardwell. Then yesterday morning, there was another one from him saying that the drive was still on despite the weather. I always feel bad that I can't give, but I know they don't want my blood.

When I got up yesterday there was slightly more than a dusting of snow on the ground, but nothing coming down. The roads I took to Paducah were mostly dry, even though I saw no evidence that they had been pretreated. About 3 pm, when I had been home close to half an hour, it started snowing again. Several hours later, the radio announcer said we were having 'snow squalls.' This morning there may be an inch of snow on the ground, but the sun is shining brightly. I went out on the porch about 8:30 to check the thermometer - it read 26 degrees. Not bad. So far this winter, we have not had any really cold weather, and almost no snow. I just hope that holds true for the next two months.

Now it's time to get back to my 'work' - knitting and weaving, One of these days, I'll even put a new drive band on my Schacht and order the part I need for my Louet, and then I'll add spinning to my 'work.'

No comments: