Sunday, March 18, 2012

$10 pretzel

Lexi spent the night with me last night, and we went to church this morning. I think we are both still on standard time - we didn't get up until 8:30 CDT. We walked in at the end of the Psalm, so at least we didn't miss the sermon or the Eucharist. Lexi has stopped going out for the 'Good News Time' which is really for third grade and under, so she hears the sermons. I don't know how much attention she pays to them - she usually draws as we listen, but she was aware that Richard had several funny parts in his this morning.

It was 'Pretzel Sunday'; the youth group sold soft pretzels after the service. They do this a couple of times a year. When they first talked about doing it, and were discussing pricing, some kid popped up, "$2 each, or two for $5." After they realized what he said and had a good laugh about it, they decided to do it that way. This year they have gone up to $3 each or two for $7. I had six ones and a twenty in my wallet, so I gave Lexi the twenty and told her to get two pretzels while I fixed my coffee. She came back with two pretzels, but no change. I had forgotten that they don't give change. I guess I just made a more generous donation to the youth group than I had meant to. Oh well, c'est la vie!

No comments: