Friday, March 2, 2012

Still here

Actually we didn't get the worst weather in Milburn. About 2:30 am Wednesday, when I woke up to go to the bathroom, I saw some lightning; there was quite an interval before I heard the thunder. About three hours later, I was awakened by the telephone. It was the County Judge Executive (robocall) saying that the county was under a tornado warning, and advising to go to an interior room on the lowest level and to stay away from windows. I didn't feel like moving, so I stayed in my nice, warm bed - my bedroom is two steps lower than the rest of the house, and my bed is as far from the windows as it can be. I guess I really should have gone into the other bed, in the room with no windows.

This morning and early afternoon, I sat on the back porch knitting. It was warmer outside than it was in the house, so I opened two windows and left the back door open for a while. It was just breezy when I first went out, but later got quite windy, so I came inside.

No comments: