Saturday, October 17, 2009

Breakfast in Bed

Lexi spent last night with me. When I awoke this morning, I thought I heard her moving around at the other end of the house. In a few minutes, she was at my door calling me. She had a cup of coffee and a toasted English muffin on a little tray. While we were sharing the muffin, she told me that English muffins were mentioned in a book her class is reading. She was the only one who knew what an English muffin is, so she had to describe it to the rest of them. I wonder if any of them went home and asked their mothers to buy some.

She's spending tonight here, too. I think I'm about ready for us to get in bed and read, even though it's only a bit after 7 pm. The last time she was here, she finished reading The Frog Princess, so last night she selected Help! I'm a Prisoner in the Library. She wanted me to read to her, so I did. It's a short book, so we got almost halfway through it. I'm enjoying it, and want to finish it tonight. Therefore, we need to go to bed early.

No comments: