Friday, September 16, 2011

More Downed Limbs

When I went out yesterday to straighten things up on the porch, I discovered that another branch of my walnut had fallen. However it is not all the way down - it got caught on other branches. I tried pulling it down, but I'm not strong enough.
Here you can see the first limb on the ground, and the second one hanging.

And here is what the neighbor's tree to the south of me looks like.
Or rather what the latest part of it to fall looks like. This was a beautifully shaped, huge maple tree until the ice storm hit 2 1/2 years ago. Several large limbs fell during that storm, and others were left hanging and have fallen during various high winds since than. The tree looks very sad now.

Medical:
I went to the oral surgeon yesterday. My mouth is healing OK, if slowly. He wants me to continue using the Peridex rinse twice a day (he'd really prefer three times a day), and to return in three months.

Move:
While I was in Paducah, I drove past a few more apartments. Today I called a couple of them and also found websites for a couple. I think I should be able to find something nice for a reasonable price.

No comments: